Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Processing and Transferring Vision 200T Thread not

  1. #1
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    I tried to access the Vision 200T thread and it is not working.

    The Irony is the topic switched to censorship, and now it is temporarily (I hope) saying there is no data available when I try to open it up.

    Uh oh.

    Time is 3:28, March 27, 2001 U.S Western time zone.

    -Alex

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AppleCore24's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow!! that's really weird!!

    lol, i hate to say it, but you are right. It switched to censorship because of me even though I really didn't mean for it to!!

    Maybe it can let us start over and keep on the topic of where we can get vision 200t processed and transferred... I'm about to get started shooting (not this weekend, but the next) with my brand new 2X lens, and really really want to be able to get the vision film processed quick. and no, for this project there is NO WAY I could use Yale. The violence is... not gratuitous, but you see enough of it to probably disturb them.

    Any suggestions of labs?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AppleCore24's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also, if anybody has used it and got it processed and transferred already, how does it look? Is it worth using, or should we stick Kodachrome? I'll give everybody my thoughts after I get my film back... of course, that will be a while.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AppleCore24's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    anybody find any new places that have come forward to process it yet?

    thanks in advance

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AppleCore24's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nigel:
    I have been gone for a while but I am going to call Filmcraft in Detroit today. I will let everyone know what I find out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    thanks, please do

  6. #6
    Inactive Member roxics's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nigel I use Film craft lab as I live in Detroit. They don't process super 8 color only super 8 B&W.

    Can someone explain to me how Yale Labs censors your film. After all they don't know what's on it until they process it. After that they can't hold from giving you your own footage back, that would be agaist the law. After all you own the footage.

    It just seems real stupid to me that a film lab would do that. What the hell is wrong with them? They must loose a lot of business. Why are they even in the film lab business if they are going to do that.
    www.ScapeFilms.com

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This has been covered in other newsgroups. The concensus is "let it go" and don't use their services. It is a free country and they don't have to transfer anything they don't want to do.

    CG

  8. #8
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Disagree.

    First of all, transferring film is an entirely different procedure from processing.

    You can stop a transfer session and give back the footage to the client...

    What about processing?...here's your undeveloped film back ????

    Or, "we can't give you back your dailies that you spent a thousand dollars on set, costume design, and crew, because even though you didn't break any laws, we don't approve of your footage, even though we don't even know what your position is on the topic you filmed that we find offensive...."

    Also, very few labs actually do Super-8 to begin with, so to arbitrarily exclude (by means of a huge laundry list of exceptions) some filmmakers from your services when you have a partial monopoly in your area...is dicey.

    ....And although this topic was covered in other posts...those posts have been covered up, all data removed from one of the threads that had over 20 posts!

    ...which pretty much makes it as if the thread never happened, almost like censorship....the biggest irony of all.

    My biggest concern is how ALL ENCOMPASSING their policy is.

    I respect the idea of caring about what you do and not contributing to the delinquency of society, but their warning is far too sweeping in content.

    It should be simplified and condensed to three short pargraphs, rather than the mini-novel that it currently is.

    -Alex


    [This message has been edited by Alex (edited April 02, 2001).]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member AppleCore24's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This may be stupid, but should any place that can process 35mm or 16mm vision 200T be able to process the super8 Vision 200T?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been gone for a while but I am going to call Filmcraft in Detroit today. I will let everyone know what I find out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •